View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 08:40 PM

Liked 93 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd97 View Post
The ammo shortage is because people thought there was going to be one so they caused one by buying more than they needed. Its caused a self fulfilling prophesy. If everyone had gone about their normal buying there would be no shortage.
Right now in my opinion it's not about need it's more about greed. I believe that a lot not all of the ammo and other gun related supplies are being grabbed up by those that think it's going to be the new gold. The other obvious part is the overzealous panicked masses running into every store they can get to and buying everything they can because there is a "shortage". All one has to do is research some of the boards and it all comes to light. Buyers boasting that they "bought all they had" or "the limit was three but I got me six". All that does is perpetuate the cycle and does what? Causes a "shortage". And the longer it continues the bigger the grin on the faces of the manufacturers and the dealers because they can jack up the prices and keep them there. And yes I understand the whole supply and demand concept, capitalism and the free market but man enough is enough.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: