View Single Post

Old 02-02-2013, 09:53 AM

Liked 441 Times in 131 Posts

"Limited application"?? The Governor is just the opposite. It has more application than any tradition single caliber handgun.

As far as the toughness of a opossum, I trapped for a few years about 15 years ago. I remember I forgot my 22lr I typically used for head shots on my trap line. I had a 38special snub I kept in my truck. I had a particular lively opposom in my coon trap. (For those that don't know what a opossum is, it is a large rat like marsupial.) I didnt want to make a mess by a head shot with a 38special so I shot him in the body three times with 158jsp and he didn't die untill I finnaly shot him in the head. When I took him out of the trap, I noticed the 158jsp poked clean holes through him. From that day on, I only took head shots when dispatching pest in my trap regardless of caliber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfan View Post
That may be a lot of fun, and I don't want to be seen as a "naysayer" but given the revolver's limited applications, I would hesitate to purchase one.

I have one of the little Leniad single-shot pistols that handle both cartridges. It's a lot of fun, but is more of a last-ditch "get off me" pistol.

Scott

Last edited by TheMystro; 02-02-2013 at 10:20 AM.