View Single Post

Old 02-03-2013, 03:06 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you Paladin! My father was in the Israeli Army in the 1950s, and left me his L-35 when he died (along with his S&W series 59, which is nowhere NEAR as fun to shoot!). I've been looking for information on it, and have found quite a few bits and pieces online. Your research has filled in a lot of the gaps for me!

I'm not quite enough of a history buff to worry about being 100% accurate, but I am trying to decide 1) If it's important to me to have a holster for this gun, and 2) If it matters to me whether it's the Israeli (canvas?) one he would have carried, the Finnish leather holster originally intended for the L-35, or the Swedish M40 holster which should fit it just fine, but isn't the OEM, as it were.

The main thing I'm thinking is that, if I AM going to get a holster, it would be nice to have the Finnish model that carries two mags, a loader, and the cleaning tool, as well as having loops on the back for a regular belt. I guess there's no hurry on this particular purchase, since holsters aren't on the list of items to ban in the near future

I welcome any other thoughts people have on the merits of the different holsters that fit this fine, fine gun!