Thread: Load Data Help
View Single Post

Old 02-04-2013, 12:49 AM

Liked 110 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willig10 View Post
All:
I was able to go to Cabellas and look at the Hornady 9th edition of their reloadinig manual. Here is what the book says.

COAL= 2.390" However can this be shortened? Will not Magazine feed at that length. Just for general purposes I screwed down the bullet length to see what it would take to magazine feed that measurement is 2.2785".

Can these be shot like this?
The 80 grain A Max is a bullet that many long range AR competition guys use for the slow fire distance. The OAL does not need reduced to fit the mag and then fired unless you just feel like buying a new gun and spending an afternoon in the ER.

If you're wanting to test your guns long range capabilities, the A Max is the way to go, but one at a time. But like 125 JHP, I find myself wondering why you didn't load up a ladder tests to find the load your gun likes before loading up a bunch of expensive bullets. I load up 5 at a time in incriments and shoot for groups. Whatever load shot the best, thats what I load in bulk.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but how much experience do you have in reloading?

Last edited by tappedandtagged; 02-04-2013 at 12:54 AM.