Thread: IL CCW Update
View Single Post

Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 PM

Liked 6,827 Times in 2,612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispcapt View Post
You don't seem to understand the current situation. There is no "We may get a CCW law". There is no "holding out". About July 1 there will be CCW in IL unless a stay is issued. The Federal Court has ordered it to happen and the court gave the legislature 180 days to come up with something but ordered CCW in IL after that time. If the legislature doesn't do anything CCW will still happen because the court ordered it. What the law will look like is being tossed about by the legislature at this time. If they don't do anything then it becomes a matter of "they snoozed, they lose". Your comment of "holding out" doesn't even make sense.
Thank you for your opinion but it's obvious you don't have a clue about the court order or even aware that it exists or what it means.
I understand exactly what is going on, and I think we are on the same page.

Since IL will default to constitutional carry in 180 days, there is no reason to rush into passing a law requiring licensing. That is what I mean by 'don't compromise'. Hold out for the 180 days to expire and get consitutional carry (carry with no license required) instead of passing a law requiring licensing.

I keep reading here an other forums that people are excited that a CCW bill has been introduced. Why? You don't need one.

Unless you think the state's efforts to appeal the ruling will be successful and the carry ban reinstated, you don't need a CCW law at all.
The Following User Likes This Post: