View Single Post

Old 02-14-2013, 10:15 AM

Liked 8,584 Times in 2,782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablamo View Post
I'm theory the j frame is great. I have a 642 but it has limitations. Only 5 rounds with slow reload, I'm not as proficient with it, I do not like the super heavy trigger, the sights are awful, concealing it iwb only works un tucked due to cylinder width,and I often have to tuck at work, and it only works in a couple pants pockets as I'm of a relatively small stature. Hence why I'm looking for a slim deep concealment. The j frame does have its advantages but I'm looking for something else. Thanks for the tips keep them coming!
The heavy trigger can be easily rectified with a low cost replacement spring job. S&W lightened up a 640 I had a while back and it went from "heavy" to "hair trigger". Reloading is something that comes with practice ... using a speed strip can be as fast or faster that going for a second magazine. As for the sights, you're in the point shooting realm with deep concealment, so any minimalist handgun is going to be sighted for CQC. The flattest profile for deep concealment will come with a semi like the Seecamp, but you can configure a lightweight J-frame with boot grips and a shrouded/bobbed hammer to be a phenomenal inviso gun. If you visit the Seecamp web page, you can view a size comparison chart of various small handguns.