View Single Post

Old 02-15-2013, 05:42 PM
US Veteran

Liked 359 Times in 139 Posts

The .32 that is used in these revolvers is the .32 S&W, NOT the .32 S&W Long, which is more powerful and...longer...so it would not fit into these older guns. (It's NOT a .32 SHORT, just a .32 S&W. For many years it wa considered an adequate self defense cartridge, and was even carried by some police of the era. I believe Remington makes it and maybe some of the European makers such as Fiocchi. It is pretty costly and not very powerful, and it is loaded down for use i n these little old top breaks.

info on .32 S&W Cartridge (Note - the CTG on the barrel of some revolvers stands for Cartridge - it's not a model name.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.32_S%26W

ADDED: On that Warner revolver - they started importing a European auto pistol in 1912, gradually moved into making small caliber 5 shot revolvers very similar to the Meridan and Iver Johnson revolvers. They later were combined with another company and went out of business in 1919. The auto pistols are very collectable and bring a good price...the revolvers, not. I did see one sold several years ago at an auction for $65. If it were mine, I wouldn't shoot it.

mark

Last edited by dogngun; 02-15-2013 at 05:52 PM.