View Single Post

Old 02-18-2013, 11:27 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,823 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Lake View Post
I'm willing to let it go if you are.

I have used the forward assist to save my bacon and that little dust door some people think is unnecessary also. I guess my M-16 just saw more dirty, muddy, dusty action than some range-only weapons do.

I like both of those particular options because I know what they have done for me. That's all I have to say about it.
Ok, so you used the forward assist and the ejection port cover on your issued rifle in Afghanistan or Iraq...but was it really the forward assist, or one of the four steps you took prior to tapping the forward assist that got you back in action?

And I understand you want it on a duty weapon in the desert, but do you really think it is required for defending your home in Wisconsin? My Sport rides uncased in the rack in the jeep or in the bed of my truck while we drive all over the deer lease in West Texas. The thing is covered in dust. Never has had an issue. I can't say it never will, but I have shot it enough in those conditions to feel confident that the firearm is reliable.