View Single Post

Old 02-19-2013, 08:42 AM

Liked 124 Times in 71 Posts

Thats one reason I really like this forum . . . someone has probably already asked a question I had about S&Ws ! I was wondering if there were guys who liked the long barrels because recently I bought an 8 3/8" M27-2. Its my first Model 27 and first 8 3/8" gun.
I shoot a lot more 38 Specials than 357. I find the muzzle blast of the 357 to usually be more than what I prefer. (I'm a big fan of the 45 Colt, 44 Special, and 38 Special for this reason.) And, I was actually looking for a M27 with a 6" to 6 1/2" barrel. But the conditions were right for buying the long tube 27-2 and I went for it. I figured that long 8 3/8" barrel will bring down the muzzle blast as much as is possible when shooting 357. And for my first Model 27, with all that nice checkering & metal work - I'll get an extra bit of it with this gun !
The deal has been made,but I havent picked up the gun yet. I did order a custom Simply Rugged cross draw holster for it already. Its a gorgeous, just about flawless 27-2 so I don't know how much actual carrying it will get though. Thankfully there's a Model 28 that gets shooting/carrying duty.