Thread: Unique Powder
View Single Post

Old 02-22-2013, 07:00 PM
US Veteran

Liked 206 Times in 59 Posts

Following the KISS principle I use Unique for just about everything from 38 to 12 ga, except Trailboss for 45 LC. I have found that my Spolar shotshell reloader throws very consistent charges of Unique because it has that vibrating motor that vibrates the primer feed and the powder. My Dillon 650 stays dead on throughout a loading session in part I think like 4barrel said because everything gets a good jar whenever you pull the handle plus the automatic case feeder vibrates the whole machine. When I had Mec shotshell reloaders I had a problem with consistency due to static until I added a metal baffle between the powder bottle and the charge bar. Also have seen really good results with taping an aquarium pump to the frame of the loader to keep everything moving consistently with the vibration. I found that my RCBS uniflow measure throws consistent charges of Unique when I let the metal handle whack the frame while operating it but you really have to watch the powder adjustment die on that one because it will vibrate loose if you don't tighten it enough. I don't know anything about your Lee powder measure but suggest you contact the manufacturer because I don't think you should be having that much fluctuation