View Single Post

Old 03-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Banned

Liked 192 Times in 140 Posts
Default I want to see more

I wish someone would post a picture of the cylinder ratchet (or connection point in this handgun?) on the back of the cylinder. With cylinder open. Also the frame below the firing pin hole.

To me the internal ratchet is the genius of this pistol, and maybe someone will photograph it inside and out.

Stated in other words - there is no visible hand rotating the cylinder. Therefore no slot for the hand. So the barrel can be rotated in the direction that pushes cylinder closed, if it used a hand. No doubt gives a little cranking pressure in the best direction.

I like a hammer to cock for the great S&W trigger. And I liked the cylinder unlock latch where it was. But for a covered hammer pistol this looks good.

If the engineer that designed this was to rearrange the keys on a piano, some old piano player would want to horsewhip him. Sorta how I felt after owning S&W revolvers for 50 years and handling one of these a year or so ago. Until I looked at how the cylinder rotates and locks.

Like new people on other mechanical things, new people will not complain about the cylinder latch up where hammer normally is on exposed hammer models. And unfortunately they will miss the new internal ratchet, at first.

If I cannot at least see photo’s of the inside of this gun, I will never buy one. But years ago I had a S&W Chiefs Special with a loose crane. And the hand would push it open a little bit when cocking. (When looking below the barrel the seam between crane and frame opened enough to be more than obvious. So I sold it). I very much like the way this cylinder rotates. (So far - until I see the innards).
The Following User Likes This Post: