View Single Post

Old 03-06-2013, 09:17 PM

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

You shouldnt really need the revearse muzzle brake if youve got the right trigger and technique. My 15-22 has no threaded barrel and thats the model I was told worked best with slide fires because of less weight without the brake. I used a Rock River 2 stage trigger off another AR I had and it works fine. Initally it would only do 3 to 5 round bursts until I began gripping it in the magwell area. I added a FAB defense magwell grip to remind me where to grip it, and push forward with my thumb on the rail. It seems to have got easier because now I can do full mag dumps regardless of where I grip it and thats with a red dot, magnifier, Arms folding front sight, Troy battlesight rear folder, Daniel Defense rail sling mount, magpul ladder rail covers, and the threaded barrel adaptor with an A2 flash hider and crush washer. Maybe my techniques improved or some kind of "break in" has occured but it seems to run fine with just about any ammo. I dont do drum mags but two of the plinker tactical 35 round mags taped together dont seem to stall it either and fully loaded thats alot of wieght.