View Single Post

Old 03-11-2013, 04:38 PM

Liked 118 Times in 55 Posts

Why is it "common courtesy" or "respectable" to let the LEO know I have a loaded weapon in the car? What earthly good will it do? Given that I'm a law abiding citizen what will the cop get from me telling them about it that the guy on the chair next to me at the restaurant doesn't deserve to hear? Don't get me wrong - I think the police are generally awesome and I believe we need far more people like that in our society. I just don't understand why they would have to know any more about my underwear than anyone else would.

Certainly, if I were being asked to get out of the car I would probably mention it. But if they're simply talking with me through my window, there's no immediate need to know.

BTW - in MN it's not a requirement that we tell them.

P.S. I'm not a tactical guy, but if I were a cop it seems like it would make sense to treat every person I stopped as though they're probably carrying.

P.P.S. - if I get pulled over, by the time the cop is at my window my wallet is on the console next to me and my hands are @ 10 & 2 on the steering wheel until they ask me to reach for something. No need to make anyone feel unsafe simply because I value my privacy.

Last edited by Janitor; 03-11-2013 at 04:42 PM.