View Single Post

Old 03-16-2013, 10:50 AM

Liked 372 Times in 188 Posts

I really appreciate the kind comments and the number of people who have written looking for laser grips for 3G Smiths. I should apologize for stopping "production" for so long.

Good excuse, though. CT decided they didn't want to sell me extra parts - occasionally, I need an extra little threaded plastic block that holds the grips together. (Not that I ever screw them up. <G>) CT said they didn't have a part number to sell them separately - big company and didn't want to mess with them - blah, blah. I think they are concerned about warranty claims on a modified product. But Hogue uses the same part and they were more than happy to take my money so I now have a good stock of spares.

Now the only problem is finding the time. I have a little DIY lawsuit against the feds which has just eaten up every spare minute for the last few months (bataanmissing.com if you're interested), but I can see an end to it and I hope to get back in the shop in a couple of months. Seems like the older I get, the shorter the days get. Just not enough hours to do it all.

I don't take orders, but it helps me plan if I know how many people are interested so please drop me an email or PM and I'll let you know when they are available and the current price. It will be several months at the soonest, though.

I'm not planning to do any more single-stack grips - there's just to much chance of breaking the grip and that gets expensive - so any new production will be for the 69xx series and the .40 cal models that use the same frame. 4013TSW, 4053TSW, 4056TSW, 6904, 6906, 6944, 6946

I haven't forgotten about the large frame .40 and .45 models and I think I can adapt the 59xx grips to them since they are single-stacks. I'm watching for a 4516 or 457, but I think the days of reasonably priced 3G's are behind us.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: