View Single Post

Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM

Liked 36 Times in 20 Posts

Update...

Took the new S&W to the range today and fired it for the first time. Turned out that the rear sight is way off. With no way to adjust it on site, I cut the session short. However, I did shoot about 25 rounds of the P.O.F. ammo, in addition to 25 rounds of Independence 115 gr FMJ that I purchased at the range. To sum up, the Paki ammo felt hotter than the commercial grade, but only slightly. Also, one round of the P.O.F. jammed. When I pulled back the slide about half an inch, the round was sitting with the front cocked up at about a 45 degree angle, so it had never been fully chambered. I also believe the trigger didn't snap on that round, so perhaps the slide hadn't traveled fully to the rear when the previous round was shot. Unfortunately, the problem with the sight prevented me from determining whether the previous round was accurate. There were no issues with the commercial ammo.

At this point, I think the P.O.F. ammo is good for the range, but maybe not totally reliable. For now, I'll load up what remains of the commercial stuff for home self defense. If I shoot more of the P.O.F. over the next few weeks, and my opinion changes, I'll report back.

Thanks for everyone's opinions and excellent advice!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: