Liked 105 Times in 71 Posts
Default Reply to Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyeopn View Post
OK I happened upon Thermolds home page;
Thermold Magazines — Welcome
This may be weird but watch Shotgun Sherri Jiggle!! LOL

And here is the history according to thermold;

Thermold Magazines started in the 1960’s as a molded plastics injection manufacturer that served the automotive industry. It's founder, William Howard, was well known in his hometown of Wilson, N.C. as an innovative thinker who held many patents. Mr. Howard was also a big game hunter for whom making firearms more reliable was both a passion and a necessity.

Using a nylon resin called Zytel, developed by DuPont after World War II to replace metal in large-scale manufacturing, Thermold began producing weapons magazines that resisted heat and corrosion, and functioned with extreme reliability. Thermold magazines rapidly became the product of choice among military personnel, law enforcement officers and sport shooters around the world.

All of our products are proudly made in the United States in North carolina. Today, many of the firearm industry’s largest and most prestigious distributors are once again able to sell the trusted line of Thermold magazines and weapons products.

"Time-tested quality and reliability. That's Thermold."

Now the funny part, you can buy them cheaper from CDNN than Thermold!!
I must say that statement "Time-tested quality and reliability. That's Thermold" is a bunch of ****! I purchased five 20 rounders back at the beginning of the year (2013) and wasn't able to try them until the beginning of Mar. due to the fact that I was waiting on my upper & lower to come in. The day for testing finally arrived I loaded all 5 mags. with 5 rds. of assorted ammo .223 & 5.56 and as I placed the mags. upon the carpeted ledge of the shooting lane, the one mag. just decided to spit out 4 rds. all over the floor of the shooting lane! ...
As I proceeded to recover all loose rds. I set that mag. aside to try another one, this time as I inserted the mag into the mag well 2 rds. decided to dislodge from the mag.! I tried another mag. and this one seemed to be okay until I tried to chamber a rd., as I pulled the charging handle the bolt stripped not 1 but 2 rds. causing a jam! Needless to say at this point in time I was highly aggravated so as not to loose any more precious range time I loaded up some of my 30 rounders (NHMTG Aluminum) and proceeded to zero in my red-dot. So as far as I'm concerned these Thermold mags. are JUNK! Yes I did return them for replacement (they would do a refund) so I'll see how this next batch doe's!
Will post updated info. after I receive the replacement mags. and field test them.

Last edited by riderrick65; 03-20-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: adding more info.