View Single Post

Old 03-22-2013, 02:35 PM

Liked 548 Times in 311 Posts

I've got ten of them that I bought just before the '94 ban went into effect. I never really used them that much. They don't have the anti-tilt followers. They seemed to function okay, but I noted recently that empty mags don't seem to want to drop freely consistently from my new RRA. I don't see any defects or damage, so it may just be them and the gun. I don't know that I'd use them for anything more than training. I've had good service with P-Mags and respectable service from the current crop of GI mags as long as they're take care of. In regard to current Thermold purchases, they're probably good range magazines if the price is right.

I seem to recall when I bought them (pre-Internet) from an out-of-state distributor that they were allegedly designed to be loaded and forgotten. I never did that with any magazine. I think I was also told that they were the same as Israeli military issue (or my memory is getting cloudy). Anyway, for as little as I've used them over the past 20 years, they've worked. The springs are still strong.