View Single Post

Old 03-29-2013, 11:02 PM

Liked 79 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmex View Post
Yours is pretty much in the same condition as mine, and a lot of the H.D.'s that are around here. Mine came off the presses about 9 years after yours. Either way, the Heavy Duty and Outdoorsman revolvers are the ideal guns for Mexico. Three-fifty-seven power if you want it, yet legal to own and transport if you get the permit. With the Elmer Keith loading, you'll find it's actually got more power than most factory .357 loadings available today -- which would get you jail-time here.

I know you aren't reloading yet, but you should get right on that. You're not getting any younger. You'll find in the meantime that the Aguila factory 158 grain Lead bullet will shoot pretty much where your Heavy Duty points. The 130 grain Aguila will shoot low and I do not recommend it. There is a factory Aguila 158 grain jacketed soft point bullet for sale occasionally down here, and it will hit left or right but about at point of aim.

Remember that there will be a N.R.A. Action Pistol P.P.C. competition in Queretaro on the last Sunday in April so you should come on down if you can get your transportation permit in time and shoot that H.D. in our "Service Class".

You did yourself a BIG favor by getting yourself that revolver. Here's a photo of my own H.D.:
Dear Calmex:

I did not know who made ​​eagle on 158 gr, I will ask the Provider to get me in the village store only about 130 grains, these are for peasants like me, and only serve to scare coyotes, jejejejeje

thanks for this beautiful photo that gun

and register the weapon, but still I do not get moving, I promise to come visit someday with my HD and go to hit shots to the field.

a hug

PD where I get the attachment to the handle,
Chinago

Gunner Villa