View Single Post

Old 04-05-2013, 08:56 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

I seem to be on a J-frame tear, as my last few new puchases, 1/13 351PD, 9/11 632 Pro, & 11/10 63 3", bear witness. The 3" 63 is an all day 8-shooting .22LR fun shooter which can carry CCI Stingers, reportedly 'nasty' at the terminal end from the 3" barrel. They certainly foul the gun up quickly! The 1.87" barrel 351PD was what the Hornady 45gr FTX Critical Defense round was designed for, so that is what I 'carry' in mine. Seven of them should get attacker's attention, if not deafen them. The recently installed seven new exsanguination ports will likely prove troublesome, even if the rounds don't 'vaporize' the bg.

Here is my part-time pocket protector:

It weighs 11.5 oz loaded - and I am not constantly hiking my britches up when I tote it as I do when my 642 is my pocket carry protector. It is too loud to be used for much plinking - and the ammo is way too dear. I plink with CCI MaxiMag 40gr TMJ & HP's, which I also use in my other .22 WMR, a 4" 651, while I 'carry' it with the Hornady Critical Defense, with spares in those little poly screwcap bottles (I knew I'd find a use for them!). The 351PD hits close enough from 7-12yd to be called coincident POA/POI with both the MaxiMags and the Critical Defense rounds. No recoil means quick follow-ups - easily done with the HiViz sight - but, did I mention it is loud??

Stainz

Last edited by Stainz; 04-05-2013 at 09:00 AM.