View Single Post

Old 04-08-2013, 01:12 PM

Liked 304 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cirillo View Post
I carried four handguns: two Model 10 revolvers, a Colt Cobra, and a PPK.
Quote:
I bought the regular model and then the bull barrel when they came out with that modification. I think my bull barrel only cost $40.
Quote:
Both were excellent shooters. With either one I could put a bullet in your right nostril or your left nostril, they were that accurate. The old one had dinnky sights, like a little slot. The bull barrel had better sights, plus I altered them. One of the fellas was an amateur gunsmith, and he actually filed a slot in the back of the rear sight and he put a blade at an angle so that was always shadowed, and made a nice, big, square notch in it- ah that worked beautiful. On the front sight I had a ramp cut flat so that I would have a better silhouetted sight picture. I did the gunsmithing on the action- it was smooth as silk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massad Ayoob on recollections of Jim Cirillo View Post
Jim was among the first to wrap his grips with friction tape to prevent hand slippage. It became a trend among PPC shooters. His duty guns, except for the backup in his pocket, were wrapped the exact same way, always including a homemade grip adapter with an exaggerated flange between the middle finger and the ring finger. (On the street in uniform, smart-asses would say, "Hey, Mr. Po-leece, your gun handle busted or sumpin'?" And Jim would reply with a wolfish grin, "Yeah, that's it. Probably won't work, huh?"
All quotes taking from Jim Cirillo's Tales of the Stakeout Squad by Paul Kirchner
The Following 2 Users Like Post: