View Single Post

Old 04-13-2013, 11:09 AM

Liked 6,725 Times in 1,862 Posts
Lightbulb 14-1 Pinto Info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithNut View Post
Drew,
Very interesting... does it letter?
Don't recall seeing any M14 Pintos, it almost looks like a nickel barrel and cylinder from a Combat Masterpiece on that M14-1 frame.
Do you have any history on the gun you can share?

Thanks for posting
No I really don't Rob. I have been remiss in lettering a bunch of guns.

I hadn't seen the Pinto for a while, so I went down and dug it out... here's a few more tidbits and some fresh snaps.

The gun has seen some holster time. It's serial is in the K413,000 range. The barrel is "N" marked, but not serialed to the frame. The cylinder is serial numbered and matches. It is also marked "L" between two of the charging holes and has the undercut on the ejector rod.

There are no rework / special finish codes under the stocks. The stocks themselves are rosewood smooth magnas with black washers. They really don't fit all that well. No serial numbers on the stocks.

The fella I bought it from had nothing to say about it's history. I do know that after I put the photos up the last time a well known "Pinto" collector chased me around for a while trying to buy this gun. He became quite ardent after I gave him the serial number. I didn't sell and he didn't tell me what he knew....

Drew
The Following 5 Users Like Post: