View Single Post

Old 04-18-2013, 07:28 PM
US Veteran

Liked 928 Times in 522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidsix View Post
No offense taken, and this Chief agrees 100% with your observations.
The proliferance of the camo uniforms is amazing. Right this minute there are more than 15 different patterns of camoflague available/required for US troops. I personally have to maintain six different TYPES of camo. You will not see me, or any members of my unit, sloppy, lazy, or disrespectful. You will see some folks who maintain razor sharp uniforms and personal appearance, and some who look like total dirtbags. Blame not the military for this, but American society in general. I have been doing this for 16 years, and I can tell you that garbage in equals garbage out. We get some kids who get straightened out here, but mostly, the quality of the person is what determines the quality of the Sailor/Soldier/Marine/Airman. The mothers and fathers of this country determine the level of excellence of this modern military. I have the finger pointed firmly at myself for my son's behavior and performance. Should he turn out poorly, it's my problem. The US Military won't be able to fix ALL of my mistakes.
You are for sure right about the incredible variaty of cammo uniforms. I used to be able to tell with a quick glance. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast guard or Air force. Now until you get close enough to see the tag over the jacket pocket it's tough to tell even what country, much less which service they belong to.