View Single Post

Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

I bought my first one over three years ago. It was such a hit, I had to get another one. Funds were gathered by 10/10 - and a second one was bought. I had wanted a 327NG - unti I found out it was not moonclip ready, like the PC627 UDR is. Unaltered spring-wise, the newer one became my house and carry piece - in the Lobo leather shown below (... and a heavier belt!) - sporting Remington R38S12 +P 158gr LHPSWC's in a Ranch Products moonclip (They are the makers of S&W's supplied 'clips.).

That first PC627 UDR has lighter springs, but my reloads use Fed SP primers, so no ftf's - even with my +P PD ammo (Same as moonclipped and mentioned earlier.). It's usual plinker load is a 125gr JHP over some Titegroup in a .357M case and either in a moonclip or loose loaded via a 5starfirearms.com's super milled Aluminum speedloader & loading plate (See C&L's pix!), making 900+ fps. Great SPC revolver - fantastic plinker. The big orange ramp really helps in low light - far better than the Tritium 'Night Sights' on my 60 & 632 Pro's and my Governor. My five year old 4" 627 Pro languishes in the safe these days. I paid less for my second one - $889 - locally, but it is $20 cheaper in the same lgs now (Hmmm, do I need a 3rd one???). It's the same $ as a 686SSR or just a few $ over a 4" 627 Pro - and not that much more than the last 686+ I saw locally, too. To me, it's a bargain.

Stainz
The Following User Likes This Post: