View Single Post

Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 AM

Liked 986 Times in 492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
I use Winchester 165gr JHP in mine as a base for what i have for home protection. Its my "You made a huge mistake by choosing to break into my house and robb me" round.
I like to finely crush glass, mix with coursly gound rock salt and fill the HP about half way with the mix. Top that with a drop or two with soft lead so the top of the bullet, itself, is still the same hieght as the original HP. File off any excess , load up and wait to make a not so smart guy's day a whole lot worse. If the initial shot don't kill him it will hurt like hell. and he'll be picking glass out of his butt the rest of his natural born life and reminding him of why its not a good idea to break in and surprise the person that lives in the house with the mean dogs. (See previous post on home security)

I'm not real sure that would be any more effective than regular hollowpoint ammo, but if you ever have to shoot one of the "poor, misguided choirboys, who was just trying to turn his life around" that are so prevalent these days, be prepared for the opposing attorney to paint a picture of you as a demented maniac who stays awake nights looking for ways to inflict pain and suffering.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: