View Single Post

Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 AM

Liked 804 Times in 419 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Lake View Post
I was at the farm with my oldest daughter and we had a .22, a BG380, a M&P9c and a M&P40fs. I wanted my daughter to try them all and I had all different boxes of ammo out, from Win WB to reloads, FMJ to HP. We were going to shoot about 800 rounds at clay pigeons, reactive targets and old refrigerators.

I remember loading the 9c mag and thinking the last round was weird. It really took a lot of force to get it in the mag, then it didn't seat quite right. I thought maybe I was crushing the spring. I walked onto the range and after the first shot I smiled and thought this 9c has such a light recoil I just LOVE it!

But the next pull of the trigger was a click. I racked the slide and ejected the empty round. It fired and then click. This went on for the entire magazine with me thinking I must have a shell pinched in the bottom of the mag causing the follower to jam or something. Each round had to be hand ejected.

It wasn't until I went back to the bench that I realized I just shot 13 rounds of .380 from my 12 round 9mm magazine....
The .380 is called the 9mmKurz or short for a reason, a buddy tryed to load .40S&W in a 45acp magazine and wondered why they kept falling through???? He is very experience, after first couple it dawned on him? billy