View Single Post

Old 05-07-2013, 05:19 AM

Liked 56 Times in 44 Posts
Talking

My M&P40FS was all over the place.... Turned out that the front and rear sights were both quite a ways off center. Some tape and brass punches (and more than a little cursing ) cured that.

My 40C and 9C were/are more or less dead on for what's necessary - putting about six rounds into a six inch circle at 30'.

Wasn't me - I'm the guy the gang at the range hand a gun with "you try it" .... I don't claim to be great, but I'm old....

My buddy Joe and I were using those "tell you what's wrong" targets one night, and not doing well. The target suggested "get another hobby"....

S&W has shipped more than one gun with the sights improperly installed. If you can fix it yourself, great, but don't jump onto it without getting somebody else to try it, and a good examination of the hardware. Other than the sights being bashed in there by the Samsonite Gorilla, it's a pretty easy fix if it's not the shooter.

(Fixing the shooter can be somewhat more difficult. Especially if you don't have a Medical Degree ....)

Regards,