View Single Post

Old 05-08-2013, 11:33 PM

Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublesecretprobation View Post
I just bought a brand new BG 380 this past Saturday, May 4th. Waited the required three days to pick it up. Brought it home Tuesday night and didn't have a chance to do anything with it. Was looking at it tonight for the first time. I'm no novice but I always read the instructions on new firearms before I do anything else. Read the directions on how to field strip the gun and got to the point where you turn the take down pin to the 6 o'clock position and pull it out. Problem is only half of the pin came out, the other half is still in the frame. Needless to say I'm happy at all. This is a BRAND NEW GUN THAT HAS NEVER BEEN FIRED. Great quality control guys, yes that's sarcasm. I'm sure I'll have no choice but to go through the dance to sent it back to S&W for repair, which I'll do and then I'll sell it as soon as it is returned and buy something else. Needless to say I have purchased my last firearm from Smith and Wesson.

I have posted previously in this thread with issues with a BodyGuard 380, I sold it and the new owner has had no issues with it at all. I got trolled by another member over a comment similar to yours, I will say this. M&P's are a different firearm entirely and the same can be said about the revolvers. I'd take it back to the dealer if I were you