View Single Post

Old 05-18-2013, 02:58 PM

Liked 1,447 Times in 670 Posts
Default News for Remington "FBI Load" fans:

Apologies in advance if this has already been addressed, but while I was perusing MidwayUSA's website I noticed a new line of ammo from Remington called High Terminal Performance (HTP), and included in that line is the tried and true LHP (LSWCHP) +P!

The differences are where it gets interesting... According to Remington's own website, the new load has higher retained velocities and muzzle energy from a 4" vented test barrel (890/872/855 and 278/267/256 versus 890/855/823 and 278/257/238 at 0/50/100 yards, respectively), but has standard brass cases as opposed to the Express line's nickel plated ones and apparently will retail for less than the latter.

If anyone has any information to add about this new product line, please feel free to add to this thread. I can't wait until it becomes available so I can see for myself if the new HTP line is a better value than the old Express line. I'm especially curious to know how they achieved better RV/RME with the new stuff... Better powders? New bullet?
The Following 3 Users Like Post: