View Single Post

Old 05-20-2013, 03:19 PM

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

I wouldn't dig this thread up, but as long as it's current I may as well finish. I commented on the grips causing pain and the sights being off.
The new grips are in post # 51. They all but eliminated the pain. The profile in the back where they "meet" your hand is much flatter. I wish I could do a before and after picture but I cut the factory grips with a razor etc. It helped a little but not enough. The new grips, even though solid steel and wood hits your hand, it's spread out over a larger area.
This time out I shot 50 - 60 rounds of a variety but they were all 357 mag, including 10 of my special "hog loads" developed for a larger framed hunting gun. No pain - still no pain the next day. (factory grips - pain increased for two days) My conclusion, hard rubber pointed grips hurt more than a flatter steel / wood grip .. plus the wood looks so much better!
Ok, on to the the sights. I think I'll leave well enough alone. The top of the target was pinched off with a perfect sight picture at 12 yards with a variety of ammo. The bottom was ripped off with the same ammo as fast as I could see the FRONT sight at the same distance. If you look closely the fast shots are the only ones that hit the dot! The rest aren't off enough to condem a personal protection gun.
My sight picture covered the dot with the front sight.