View Single Post

Old 05-23-2013, 10:29 AM

Liked 3,824 Times in 1,348 Posts
Default I Have One Too!

I know I'm entering this thread late, but I'm new to the forum. I "unknowingly" bought a Pre Model 39 in 1980 from a gun store in Fort Wayne, IN. I was in the market for a 9mm and spotted this one. The shopkeeper said that it was traded to him by a police officer who didn't want to use a blued gun because his body chemistry would ruin it! I didn't know much about it at the time, but it was in perfect condition and it was GORGEOUS! Unfortunately there was no box, papers or tools. I knew the gun was a "Model 39" but was always curious as to why there were no model markings on the gun.

Luckily and for some strange reason I decided NOT to fire it. I just didn't want to do anything that might mar the beauty of this pistol. I own numerous pistols and revolvers and I consider this Pre Model 39 to be THE most attractive gun I own.

So I finally did a little research on this gun and learned that it is a Pre Model 39. I have a letter from Mr. Jinks coming but have not received it yet. My serial is 153X and it was probably made in 1955 or 1956. My photos are too big to post here. I'll have to rephotograph at lower res. and post later.

Added 7/19/13. Here's a couple of pics and a paragraph of the recently received Jinks letter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pre Md 39 Left.jpg (52.6 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg Pre Md 39 Jinks Letter.jpg (102.9 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg Pre Md 39 Right.jpg (53.8 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by loeman; 07-19-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: punctuation error
The Following 4 Users Like Post: