View Single Post

Old 05-25-2013, 07:49 PM

Liked 305 Times in 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron In MD View Post
OK, you guys have guessed it by now by the threads that I've been posting that I'm new to CC. Although I live in the not so free (or great state) of maryland I am going to get a non resident Utah and maybe Florida carry permit. Only because as I get older I realize I'm not as strong as I once was and am slowing down due to physical limitations. And knowing how thugs prey on older people I won't be a victim if I can help it. The wife and I travel a lot out of state and I/we will feel safer knowing that we are legally armed.

Now to my question:

Does anyone carry a .45 ACP Revolver as their primary carry gun? I've not seen one yet, but are they as big as an N frame 29/629?
They have two "Night Guard" snubby .45 ACP revolvers at the local gun shop. I've been tempted to pick one up. I think they're discontinued. My only concern is that big old fat six round cylinder digging into my waist if carried IWB, and that's the only way I carry concealed, and I only carry concealed guns. Wish I could try it first, but have no holster designed for it, so I will probably pass rather than buying the gun, buying the holster, and then possibly realizing it doesn't work well. Now if they were five shooters I'd jump on them in a minute.