View Single Post

Old 06-06-2013, 09:51 PM

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

I really hate to resurrect an old thread but I hate to leave mis-information out there for the others who may be searching for factual information.

The Performance Center at S&W that handles the 1911's IS separate.

As a matter of fact...only 4 guys work in there and build all of the PC1911's at this time...(2 of them are brothers).

I just pointed this out on another thread earlier tonight but I'll mention it here again....on 5/15/13...on the Outdoor Channel's show "Shooting USA"...they aired an hour long show with about 1/2 of the show being dedicated to introducing S&W's 2 new PC1911's and getting feedback about them from professional shooters.

They also gave the show a walk thru tour of the Performance Center and showed some of the individual custom work being done on these new 1911's by the 4 guys who build them.

They showed the one guy who was hand lapping the slide to frame fit....they showed the hand filing and sanding that was done to achieve the barrel to-bushing fitment...and quite a few other custom processes that were being done to them at the time of the interview.

I just wanted to let anyone know who's looking into one of these.....just so they don't get incorrect info.

When one of the other posters up above said

"I have it on good authority that it is now simply an assembly line in the main building simply adding some features to standard production guns and putting the PC seal on them....as well as an exhorbitant price tag"

I figured that I'd at least say something because that info is INCORRECT.

I'd say that "authority" where that info came from wasn't very good nor was it accurate.

Maybe it was an honest mistake though and either the "authority" or the poster could've possibly gotten the PC1911's mixed up with the PRO1911's ??

The PRO line of S&W 1911's are made to be a bit more economical...and they're "upgraded" and improved regular standard model 1911's (from what I understand anyways) with upgraded parts and options added to them for quite a bit cheaper than what a PC1911 would cost you.

I could see where it might be feasible for S&W to possibly build these "Pro" model 1911's right out on the regular production lines and just "adding parts" to them...can and probably does happen.

That would make sense to me.

Whatever S&W 1911 you choose..have fun with it...I've had several and they've all been great guns so far !
The Following 3 Users Like Post: