View Single Post

Old 06-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,201 Times in 3,064 Posts

Okay. I will add just a little more to my story above. I had retired and was getting my house ready to sell. I knew a painting contractor and had him paint my house. He had a wild druggie son that helped him. Actualy, I liked the kid and even hired him for a few etxra odd jobs. As said I was driveing and flying back and forth to wisconsin takeing care of dad etc. It was a bad hard time in my life. I had retired a couple years prior and had many other things going on in my life besides dad.
I had to stay out of the house for a day or two as they had painted the interior. Being a batchlor I had piled a mountain of stuff in one room so they could paint the others. Then I couldnt find one pistol. Being lax and overly trusting I assumed it was under or in the mountain of rubble. Much later it did show up on a criminal that I didnt know and I got it back.
The kid I knew went to rehab sometime in the middle of all this.
I lost all the long guns, had just found out the womans name that used my jc penneys card, found out she had just been released on similar the SO was looking for her. That day this kid (about 18 YO) showed up to my house fresh out of rehab looking to make a few bucks. Now I am kind of suspecting he knew something and knowing that it seems all druggies know all the other druggies in a city, I asked him, hey, do you know a kiane niemuth? He looked just a little shook and said yeah! I told him the fuzz was looking for her on my deal. He said I will go find out something for you and left. I never seen him again. He jumped probation that day and on top of that, his dad and family sold their house and left the area.
The young woman was arrested, I went to her hearing (no trial) she just said she was guilty of stealing the CC. I got up in court as the judge started giveing her what realistcly would probley be less than a year and trying to say or protest something that that theft led to a lot more, and I wanted to say how my guns were stolen from that deal but the judge shut me up! I know darn well what happened and so did the detective that worked the case but he simply told me she would only cop to the CC theft. I am willing to bet had it been his guns or some friend of his guns, he would have pushed her harder and got to the truth. What do you think?
That was in lancaster california about april 2003. (My dad died april 11th smack dab in the middle of it and I was busy flying to and fro.) It was a bad time of my life. Besides all my heirloom guns I lost a samari sword I was given by a relative that God knows what it was worth plus my truck and many tools dad had etc. Next case, move along peon I have a room full of cases to decide today! Thats the differance of living in a dense high crime area and a low population rual area. I guarantee you had that happened in a rual area the case would have been taken farter and solved.