View Single Post

Old 06-15-2013, 04:48 PM

Liked 2,496 Times in 1,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralmerril View Post
I have had both a 8 3/8" barrel in a 27 and a 29. They are a specialty gun. Better for hunting and silhouette shooting, but for packing on the belt for defense or whatever they are slow, uncomfortable, and not practable.
ETA: Dang, I don't mind these old threads, but I wish i'd check the dates better before getting all excited!

Since hunting, IHMSA, and long range target shooting are some of my favorite activities, I have a fondness for some of the 8 3/8" offerings. My favorite in the handling department are the ones with the full underlug. Many find them nose heavy, but it dampens stray movements and makes the thing less "twitchy" when shooting standing, which is SOP for me. Currently without an L-frame with that barrel length, but have a spare barrel with the adjustable front sight in waiting!

A most excellent small game revolver:

Best "balanced" N-frame for long range that I've found:

It has cosmetic issues and some odd pitting in the bore that preclude much cast bullet use (which made quite reasonably priced!), but it was the best feeling revolver again of the several .44s shot at 50 yards yesterday.

Last edited by jaymoore; 06-15-2013 at 04:54 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: