View Single Post

Old 06-17-2013, 01:32 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I purchased one about 3 weeks ago, Serial Number KAJXXXX, have about 500 rounds through it, Speer, Federal, Remington, and even steel cased Tul Ammo. Not a single FTF, FTE, or light strike. No issues with the firing pin. I have added the Mag Guts (dual spring and "Wilson Combat Power Mag Type" steel follower that turns the 6 round mags into 7 round units) magazine extra capacity kit from Galloway to both of my mags and one of Galloway's extended fingertip base and floorplate kit's to one magazine. The laser activates with just a brush of my finger with very little pressure. I have not had a single issue with this gun, and yes it does have the MIM barrel. Groups are about 3 to 3 1/2 inches at 21 feet. Great and solid little gun. Have no problem using this for concealed carry as a pocket gun. The only thing else I will be changing is the sights. This is purely my preference, as when shooting at targets with a dark center bullseye, the solid black front sight paired with the solid rear black sight makes it difficult to acquire a correct point of aim quickly. True, in a real combat situation, you may not have time to "sight in". But for target uses, I would prefer a XS Big Dot Tritium sight set over the stock ones. As for design and construction, the XS Big Dots are as snag free as the stock S&W sights. I have been thinking about Galloway's hard steel firing pin after reading all of these issues about the MIM unit, but so far I haven't had any issues with mine. I tend to agree with Fastbolt's comments about the BG380 on other threads, if the LAPD have been given the green light to carry these as backup guns, they would have pulled this firearm if any service use issues would have came to light or made itself evident with any negative "trends".