View Single Post

Old 06-17-2013, 09:31 AM

Liked 41 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miles71
Carry gun is different than my carry most of the time, I unload it everything I get home and put tin the safe. I inspect the chamber round and if it seems good it stays the chamber round. Once issues on the rim are present it gets shoot of at the range, I have had some really buggered up rounds fire just fine. Yes, I carry one in the chamber in the 4013.

"Bump n the night" gun is different. Nothing in the chamber but a full mag. I want to be awake enough to chamber a round before I decide I need to shoot. If someone is that far in my house,past the k9 alarm system, to the point I need to be quick draw McGraw I am I other trouble. Also something to be said about hearing that 4566 slide getting cycled nice and loud and obvious.

No matter what, be prepared my friends.
TD
Your "noise" will do nothing but let them know exactly where you are. To each their own. But I will never be caught without one in the chamber. And if God forbid my wife gets to my gun first, the last thing I want is for her to have to chamber a round. YMMV
I don't think someone is entering my house to be in a shoot out, prob looming for something to steal. Also, I bet these thieves are not trained tactical teams. My main goal is to get them out of my house and keep my family safe, not to sneak up on them. My wife is more than capable of chambering a round.

Hearing a slide rack is different than seeng me as well. As with most things, to each his own.
TD