View Single Post

Old 06-29-2013, 03:04 PM

Liked 12,396 Times in 1,907 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixgunStrumpet View Post
Congratulations. I think you did really well on that price. I was watching that auction, wishing I had more money. That cut is pretty distinctive

I'm especially jealous of your front sight, for some reason I just love those. It's something about how silly and great that design is all at the same time.

I think that cut lends the gun character personally. The stocks are otherwise very nice for a gun that is over 70 years old.
Thanks,

I was not sure about the price, but they come up so rarely and my attempts to find one locally or to have several dealers locate one had proven fruitless.

The gun has shipped and should arrive on Monday. I will post photos after I clean it. The seller posted very detailed photos but as you could see the gun appears not to have been cleaned in many years. The seller was selling it for a widow of a local Deputy Sheriff/collector. I will clean it and letter it next week. It has a good bit of finish wear but it all appears, based on photos, to be honest wear and to have never been refinished.

The sight is a King Reflector, but I am not sure the reflector is still present, based on photos and the sight blade has either been changed or the red or gold bead is missing. Based on my limited research it should have shipped about May or June of 1937. I hope I look as good when I am 76.

Thanks,
Bill