Thread: Canted Barrel
View Single Post

Old 07-03-2013, 08:41 PM

Liked 13,173 Times in 4,199 Posts

Based on the number of reported issues on this forum, it sure seems like S&W isn't paying close attention to what goes out the door.

I suspect that we are somewhat more likely to hear about problems than good work. After all, it isn't news when a gun works properly.

That said, I suspect lots of folks buy a gun and don't shoot it at all or enough to discover problems, or aren't informed enough to realize how it should work and assume fte's, failures to feed, parts falling off, lousy fitting parts etc are normal.

Lots of unsophisticated folks, gun wise, are buying guns now, thanks in part to more readily available cc permits.

It's great that the number of gun owners is increasing and that more folks are exercising their second amendment rights.

Demand has increased, particularly for handguns. Unfortunately, I think that quality has been sacrificed to meet that demand.

I suspect manufacturers including S&W have figured the costs and have calculated that only a small percent of defective products will ever be returned and that its cheaper to fix those few than make them all better from the get go.

Just my guess, of course.
The Following User Likes This Post: