View Single Post

Old 07-05-2013, 03:06 AM

Liked 1,270 Times in 693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFarmer View Post
Huh? It was an old lever action Winchester, in

The actual spot that you need to hit in a human brain for instant incapacitation is about the size of a dime. Targets marketed to precision marksmen (aka snipers) in LEO actually feature this. LE precision work involves a centerfire rifle of close tolerances, good optics, and ranges under 100 yards. .
Actually it is much larger than a dime, the Medulla is 3 cm long, 2cm wide and about 1.2 cm wide--Think about 6 half dollars stretched! A bullet even a 22 lr will cease all activity in a human. Since I do not know the pathology or mechanism of action of the Zombie "virus" the Medulla become even more susceptible. Avoid 25/32 auto they tend not to penetrate the skull ,but travel under the scalp. 380 on up would prob work. I would use DPMS SASS sub/supersonic depending on range (300 yd/m ) and in. Suppressed 15-22 would work especially at night with NVD, Saiga -12 with 20 rd drum for those close encounter of the "Zombie" kind. And of course my Sigma F 40 and Cold Steel Recon Tanto. As I run out of ammo I will cache the empty weapon(s) for possible later use. I Practice on eggs/golf balls for "stubborn" zombies where, "I" believe that any centerfire rifle will eliminate hostilities with a centered head shot!! Good Hunting!!! Be Safe,