View Single Post

Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 AM

Liked 362 Times in 268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM-BAM View Post
Well reading this thread......... speaking of Zombies I'm waiting for my two teenager boys to wake up on a long weekend....... LOL

My combo would be my Beretta CX4, 9mm carbine and 2 Beretta 92 Elite IIs...........

my stock of 15,17/18,20 and 30 rd. mags. will work in all three guns. (Note to self: need to get a "possibles bag" aka "Indiana Jones" to carry on left side....bag would hold 10-15 loaded Beretta mags)

I would own everything inside of 50 yds..... maybe 100. Beyond 100 the "Walking Dead" are too slow to be a immediate issue!

now if I could have suppressors on all three ......LOL

Watching the "Walking Dead" the past three seasons...... it always makes me pause when the 110 lb. girl ( every zombie movie/show is required to have at least one hot chick) drives a knife through the top of a zombies skull............. if that's possible then the 15-22 is a winner....backed up with my Ciener Hi-power .22 conversion with 15rd mags! (Ammo note; need more CCI Stingers and Velocitors!!!!)
I would not bet my life on that kind of scenario on a few 9mm firearms and a .22 conversion. You would need a kill range out to at least 200 yards. 9mm is when you are in an urban jungle and all targets are 75 yards and under. And even then I would likely want to have a gun in each hand for short range work. But as a 3-gunner I can easily hit head sized targets out to at least 300 yards, but to be able to hit 100 % I would reduce that to around 200 yards with an AR.
As for a pistol you want something that carried a big mag has a flat shooting hi velocity round, low recoil, and you can carry lots of mags and ammo. 2 pistols come to mind, the Kel-Tec PMR-30 in .22 WMR and the FN57 in 5.7x28. Both have reasonably sized 30 round mags standard. Carrying the 57 means you could also do the FN PS90 carbine and use the same ammo. A good combo from at least 100 yards and under. But neither is a common enough ammo compared to 9mm, 5.56 or 7.62x39. 5.7x28 can be reloaded which is a bonus compared to a rimfire round, plus is more reliable. And the 5.7x28 has been used in battle. Certain rounds can defeat body armor even. A great anti-zombie round. You don't want big fat bullet ammo, you want small lightweight hi velocity bullets. Ones that can easily penetrate the skull whether it is solid or rotting away.
In my case I would be using two ARs, leaving my CX4 in the safe. My 3-gun AR as my SDM long range rifle and my 11.5" suppressed SBR AR as my urban CQB rifle. Definitely want suppressed in close quarters.

Last edited by photoracer; 07-09-2013 at 07:28 AM.