View Single Post

Old 07-13-2013, 11:31 AM

Liked 4,286 Times in 2,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio_atm55 View Post
Tacticool. I bought your threaded end adapter and the first time I used it I put inside a little bit of Loctite superglue just to tight it better. It just fell out of my barrel after some intense shots. I assume this is caused by the heat and vibrations after several shots. I fixed it again with a lot of Loctite, including the outside point just to prevent it to turn. I do not return to the range yet but I am afraid it is not going to work again. There is another kind of solution for it?
You did the installation incorrectly. For one thing, you DO NOT use superglue! Virtually any heat will break the bond of super glue. You want LocTite THREADLOCKER. This is not the same as superglue.

Either drill a small dimple in the barrel where the set screw contacts the barrel or file a small flat across the bottom of the barrel. Either one will keep the adapter from sliding forward.

Then put a bead of BLUE LocTite on the end of the barrel and twist the adaptor around the barrel once or twice to evenly distribute the LocTite. Then put a drop of LocTite on the set screw and tighten it down, TIGHT. You will not deform or bend the barrel in any fashion doing this.

Let the LocTite cure for 48 hours!!!!

I've had an adaptor on my barrel for something over 10k rounds, and it's as tight as it was the first time I shot it after the installation.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: