View Single Post

Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 PM

Liked 1,447 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief38 View Post
Buffalo Bore has the same configuration and weight bullet available NOW. To compare, out of a 4" bbl. Vel. is 1162 ft/sec. and the energy is 474 ft lbs. which is low end .357 Magnum ballistics and blows away the Remington.
Well, well. If it isn't my favorite Buffalo Bore salesman.

Sorry Chief, but those little boutique boxes are not as good a value as the Remington 50-count boxes, nor do BB's bullets expand as reliably as the tried and true Remington version, at least as far as informal testing with the standard velocity version is concerned. (Besides, aren't those Rim Rock bullets supposed to be SOFTER?)

I have loads of scientific data to show that the Remington FBI load penetrates a minimum of 12" and expands more often than not from a snub. Do you have any test data to support the "more MV/ME is better" theory? Not trying to be snarky, but I'm not buying into the hype. Real world terminal ballistics and scientific testing appeal to me more than big MV/ME numbers.

If it doesn't penetrate at least 12" and isn't a fairly robust expander, I think I'll just stick with my "clunky," proven Remingtons.