View Single Post

Old 07-20-2013, 08:58 AM

Liked 274 Times in 107 Posts

I agree with the above poster, I like Red Dot in reduced loads as well. Clays and Unique can work, and the Cowboy Action crowd is a big fan of Trail Boss, although I've never tried it.

My favorite, like you, is Bullseye. One-hundred plus years later, despite all the technical and scientific advances; and having tried most of the ones out there over 35 years, I keep coming back to Bullseye for accuracy, performance, and versatility. Forget how clean or dirty the powder is, or the flash, or the noise.....I consider Bullseye the most accurate powder for the Paper Puncher. And the easiest to clean up after. Some of these powder may not make the gun as 'dusty,' but they can bake the carbon on like no other. A 'clean' powder may have other less desirable traits than Bullseye.

I share your concern for Bullseye availability, in fact any of the Alliant Powders. I've heard two things...one, they are devoting their resources to the federal/military orders (Plant is in Radford, VA, 4 hours from DC), and I also heard some rumors of a recent plant fire, which impacted some of their production lines. Who knows. Power Pistol is sort of a 'second-generation' Bullseye formula....I like it a lot as well; and Hodgden Titegroup is a good powder as well. Good luck, buy it when you see it (within reason)