Thread: The Long Drive.
View Single Post

Old 07-27-2013, 02:56 PM

Liked 58,796 Times in 9,660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie sherrill View Post
Just got back from the Florida panhandle yesterday. It's only a four hour drive from here usually but I 10 was backed up in several places and made the return trip home about an hour longer. The surf was rough and I'm not 20 anymore. I'm still sore. Don't let your wife drink a lot of water on the way down or it will take forever to get there. Don't wear black socks and sandals or we'll know where you came from. If it's cloudy you can still get sunburned. Stay away from KFC popcorn chicken. Don't pick up any hitchhikers. Fleeing felons seem to like Florida. Check your tire pressure and all your fluids. We checked eight or ten shops and there was no cheap ammo and most of the Smith's were double what they should have been. Do find a nice seafood restaurant that serves local fresh seafood. Watch out for old drivers like me. Enjoy your trip, it's a very fun place.
Where were you? I spent last week at Perdido about a half mile east from the Flora Bama. Made several trips to Joe Patti's in Pensacola-great lump crab Went to some place called Tacky Jacks. Save your money. Most of the time I stayed on the beach and drank.