View Single Post

Old 08-12-2013, 03:20 PM
US Veteran

Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTeach View Post
I mentioned earlier that I didn't like the big, ugly, dust-catcher hole in the bottom of the Hogue Tamer grips on my BODYGUARD 38. With the help of a neighbor with reloading equipment, we fixed the problem. All it took was a used 40mm casing, a small black rubber O-ring, and some rubber cement. My friend trimmed the 40 casing down to the right length (40mm fit the hole best--38 was too small and 45 too big). Then I popped the black O-ring on it and cemented the casing in place with the rubber cement, so it could be easily removed if necessary. See the pics and let me know what you think... BTW... at the range, the Tamer grip was awesome! Drastically, and I mean drastically, reduced recoil and also gave me a much better grip due to the larger size. My accuracy increased dramatically!
I love it! I have a friend who reloads and will talk with him about cutting a 40 casing down for me. Thanks for the pics and the suggestion. Have not had time lately to even shoot so still have not put my Hogue grips on, but plan to do it soon, then take to the range to see how it shoots for me. Thanks again.

Wow! What was I waiting for. I installed the fries, took it to the range and shoot the center out of the target. What a difference the grips made. Only took me 15 mins to install. Fooled the directions on the package, grip slide right on with no problem. I could shoot this gun all day now with no fatigue to my hand like before. Pocket carry is not a big problem for me either. A little longer in the grip but I have deep pockets in the shorts I wear all the time. (Kmart brand 12 bucks). Just thought I'd update my last post. Enjoy shooting y'all. Ammo is starting to show up now. At least in austin, tx. Cabelas and academy sports had a good supply of 38's, 380's and 9mm this week.

Last edited by Bmlove; 09-19-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Update