View Single Post

Old 08-18-2013, 12:00 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 15,593 Times in 3,108 Posts
Default I can't believe that it happened again!!

Well since the original thread I have been through a lot of the GS rounds without incident. I run 10 a month through whether I need it or not.

This morning I was finishing up a range session with 10 from my EDC and almost the same thing happened again.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Crunch.....

This time only the last round jumped enough to tie up the gun, but I am now having to re-think my ammo choices for carry use. I have had Golden Sabre rounds since the range master at the academy recommended them. I have had them in everything from 357 sig, all the way up to 45 ACP and lots of stuff in between.....I have all of my 357 mags stoked with the GS loads, but now I am thinking that I need to re-evaluate that. I pretty much stick with the same loading for each caliber/gun, so as not to have to think too much in the event of a crisis......

I will be calling Remington in the morning and see what they say this time. I have several more unopened boxes of GS that I just won't feel comfortable with.....ironically, I am swapping over to my model 38 stoked with 38+P GS for EDC until I can come to some resolution with the crimp jumping issues.

Just a friendly heads-up to my forum brethren who carry the air-weight guns....shoot your gun with what you carry and make sure that it works right for you! Shoot it enough so that issues like this won't catch you off guard. I will be running two hundred carry rounds through before the next time I select a round for serious social work.

Maybe I should ditch the 340sc and just carry my 657 3" snubbie?