View Single Post

Old 08-21-2013, 09:07 PM

Liked 486 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kframerbluvr View Post
Update - Received CCH permit in the mail on 6.29.13. Had a brass band gig on 6.30 that required white shirt and patriotic tie for dress. Broke out old Guardian Leather belly band to use just under dress pants waistband. Couldn't remember what size weapon it was for, so I tried M10 4". No go - frame too large. Tried off duty approved Glock 27 - success! The belly rig is most likely sized for a D frame Colt or J frame Smith. Used left side holster compartment for an extra magazine. It felt good to be able to discreetly carry again in such circumstances. I can't wait to get my M60 back from our retired S&W armorer. It has some issues that need attention before it is placed in the carry rotation. Still on the lookout locally for a shooter grade Airweight Bodyguard/Centennial or a Colt Cobra or Agent. (not the parked one). I would feel just as well armed with 2 revolvers discreetly toted as opposed to just one semiauto handgun.
Have a few days off from work, so I went into "vacation mode" as far as CCW is concerned. Broke out the M10 4" standard barrel RB revolver and the old #6 Bianchi IWB holster plus one HKS speedloader and a Bianchi Speed strip all loaded with 158 gr. SWCHP issued ammo from the '80s. It carries very comfortably and discreetly while wearing jeans and a one size larger T-shirt. A jeans watch pocket is perfect to put a speed strip in, by the way.
I need a new IWB holster for this revolver. Any suggestions from the S&W jury?