View Single Post

Old 08-27-2013, 06:13 PM

Liked 439 Times in 233 Posts

So I went and did my own ammo comparison test today. As I stated in a previous post, my 15-22 loves Federal Automatch far more so then the CCI Chootem variety, but I wanted to see how regular CCI Minimag Standard Velocity performed.

I loaded four 25-round mags of each variety and shot from the 50-yard lane from bench using a shooting bag.

My 15-22 has a cheap Black Hawk 3-9x40 scope, but it does the job. Most days.

I shot three mags at a glow shot target and the last mag at a 50-yard small bore competition target. I then ran a bore snake through the barrel 3 times before switching ammo.

Results;

Side-by-side of the glow shot targets. Automatch on the left and minimags on the right.

Final mag of Automatch;

Final mag of Minimag;

The Automatch actually performed very well during the first three mags and I had zero performance issues with the ammo. I don't know what happened on the last mag, but something was off.

The Minimags shot very well. IMHO, I think they shot better than the chootems and I only had one FTF.

Overall, I think the CCI rounds are a bit more accurate, but I don't know as I'd go with one over the other. I'm glad I have plenty of both in my stash so I don't have to worry about it.
The Following User Likes This Post: