View Single Post

Old 09-05-2013, 08:05 AM

Liked 26,219 Times in 8,822 Posts

sw686man:

Welcome to the Forum!

Holsters for men are like bras for women - meaning you just can't pick one for someone else. It's an individual thing; fit, function, style, aesthetics, etc. People are all different sizes, shapes, weights, and so what works for me might be terrible for you.

It literally took me 20 years to find what I deem the perfect holsters for me - for OWB a Kramer Horsehide Belt Scabbard, one of his Horsehide belts in 1 1/4" width, and when I pocket carry I use a DeSantis Nemesis. On the rare occasion I IWB carry I use a soft suede holster with a clip that I offset so it does not sit above the cylinder. If you ask 100 people here you'll get almost as many different choices, so you will just have to read what others like the most and out of them pick one, try it and if you think something else might be better down the road give it a try. There is certainly no reason YOU should not have a closet full of holsters like most of us here...

By the way there are also a few holster makers here on the Forum - LOBO for one and there are many fellas here who swear by his stuff. You should contact him and get his advise. While I do not yet own one of his holsters, they look like high quality and his prices seem reasonable.

Last edited by chief38; 09-05-2013 at 08:09 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: