View Single Post

Old 09-07-2013, 01:00 AM

Liked 890 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK View Post
Did airplane drop break anything? Not that I seen in that test. So that would mean it was still in good working order.

Has anyone tried dropping an SD out of an airplane? No, so that is not a fair comparison,since we dont know what the result would be.

And again given the similarities in the designs what makes you think an SD would not work after the same fall? is the steel softer? lower grade polymer? springs Made of weaker material than the Glock?

I would be happy to test that myself but a lack of pilots license or knowing any one who has one makes it a bit difficult.

As for the part in red
So if a glock had a broken spring and the SD had a broken spring the glock would work and the SD wouldnt?
I will believe the SD can keep up with glocks tortureablitly when its been beaten on the way Glock has. Airplane drop. Soak in the bearing sea for 2 years. Buried for 3 years. Shot with a .45 acp. 1 million round test. Put in a 500* oven for a day. Filled with mud. Frozen in a block of ice for 6 months......

Once the SD passes that it can be equal. Otherwise its like saying you could beat Marion Jones in a race......without actually doing it. If something wants to tie....it must walk the walk and not just "possibly" do something.

Glock holds the title for toughest gun... If something beats it I will I will admit that. Until then its just a maybe. Maybe doesnt count lol

Gen 3 22. 500,000k+ rounds. Carried daily 12+ hours in a sand, water, heat filled environment. Duty gun for years. Never a hiccup. Only a tiny bit of holster wear

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Smithsrevenge; 09-07-2013 at 01:05 AM.